Saturday 14 January 2017

CROCHETING BACK ON SCENE

Hi Everyone

I am so pleased I can keep going with my crocheting until my eyes get fixed.  With the help of my glasses I can keep crocheting but the card stitching is still a bit difficult.  I do a little bit at a time so as not to strain my eyes.  Hopefully won't be too long before I have the ops and get back to some sort of normality.

I couldn't resist doing this pretty little hat. Thanks to Red Haired Amazona on pinterest I got the pattern for it. She had translated from a Russian Lady to 4 ply, I have managed to do this in double knit. I loved doing it the hat was fairly quick to make and I had great fun making the flowers and leaves to decorate it. I am pleased with the results and now have to decide who will get it. It is a childs size so I expect someone will soon claim it.  Hopefully will fit about a 5 - 7 year old, just need a model to check it out for me haha!!







The next item is the lap blanket I made for my daughter at Christmas. The lettering is done by Puff Stitch.  The word on bottom left corner says sweet.  I had done it in dark purple so the word doesn't show up very well.





Thanks for looking, any comments will be appreciated.

Take care Sue xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, love the cute sun hat....and the blanket is a keepsake. How's the african flower elephant coming along ? cant wait to see that. Janice xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HuiSue,
    what gorgeous items, and they are so perfectly made too.
    I too can't see to sew, knit or crochet these days.
    I am still amazed it doesn't affect my card making.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete